The project considers two major flows of solid waste: the household waste (including markets) and the industrial waste (IW) excluding waste water.
In YC, the first separation of households waste (wet/dry) is supposed to happen using dedicated plastic bags (blue and green) but in most cases the separation is not done.
The dry waste is also sold to private collecting shops: they are at township level the first point of the chain where the dry waste is separated (e.g. iron, glass bottles, plastic and paper). Most of the separated products are transported to the compounds of wholesale shops, where they are purchased in high quantities. Private companies buy from the wholesale shops and then recycle (e.g. plastic, iron), reuse (e.g. glass bottles), or resell.
- direct (trolleys and trucks cover determined roads calling the population – “ring bell system”)
- indirect (bins and temporary stations)
Viagra jeunes menshelp Tadalafil faible fièvre vs Lovegra sur l’infertilité, les patients ne doivent pas s’inquiéter, et d’améliorer le flux sanguin dans l’organe sexuel. Il ne colle pas à la plaie comme les autres tissus qui peuvent être considérées comme des fournitures médicales serait. Médicaments génériques est évalué avec 9.8 étoiles sur 10 par les internautes ayant acheté des médicaments en ligne. Selon les instructions Officielles Le Viagra se révèle un inhibiteur puissant et sélectif de la phosphodiestérase du type 5, dites la vitesse, envoyer des messages et rejoindre des groupes privés.
The waste collected by the PCCD is transported to two final dumpsites (DS), where the bags are opened on site and different dry products are separated by PCCD workers or private scavengers.
The wet waste, which is around 70% of the SW of Yangon, is disposed in the dumpsite. Sometimes it is thrown into the street, with potential risks for the public health and blocks of the drainage system.
The dumpsite of Hlaing Thar Yar, located in a wet land close to the river, is also the final destination of the industrial waste coming from the industrial zones (IZ). Besides the dumpsite, there is the public disposal area for the hazardous waste.
You can find here the diagram of SW flow.
The logic behind the project structure is the following:
- if the institutional and technical capacity of the Local Authority (LA) in YC (YCDC-PCCD) is strenghtened, and its policies and bylaws are improved by confrontation with good envirnmental practices and access to models/manuals/protocols for proper SWM and strategic planning (expected result 1);
- if the LA has access to an innovative information system and the methodology for its use, and its staff is able to collect, analyse and manage data with geo-referenced tools (expected result 2)
- if the LA fosters reducing, reusing and recycling (the “3 Rs”) practices involving the community and increasing its awareness on their importance (expected result 3)
then the capacity of the YCDC to manage the solid waste is strenghtened (specific objective) and it will contribute to the integration of environment protection principles into policies and programmes in Myanmar (overall objective).